Terms and conditions
UKOA's Services are provided by UK Online Academy Limited. These Terms of Conditions ("Terms") govern your use of UKOA's website, apps, and other products and services ("services"). As some of our Services may be software that is downloaded to your computer, phone, tablet, or other device, you agree that we may automatically update this software, and that these Terms will apply to such updates. Please read these Terms carefully, and contact us if you have any questions. By using our Services, you agree to be unconditionally bound by these Terms, including the Policies referenced in these Terms.
This is a legally binding agreement between UK Online Academy Limited (UKOA) and you which you unconditionally accept while putting stick in the relevant box at time of check out in our e-payment system or while ordering/booking UKOA's programmes/courses/modules/topics or/and services.
At the same time you unconditionally accept the following Policies mentioned hereafter which you can read by clicking at their name provide below:
Please carefully read and understand all Policies and this agreement before its acceptance.
The minimum age for registration with the UK Online Academy and for use of its services, is 15 years.
By accepting this agreement you confirm that you have legal rights to use UKOA's services and to accept this agreement.
UK Online Academy Limited is registered in the United Kingdom at New Atlas Whatf, 3 Arnhem Place, London, E143ST and its Company House registration number is: 09598282 (England and Wales).
For purpose of this agreement your details will be collected from your application form you will fill in at http://apply.ukonline.academy, in your account profile at https://ukonline.academy, in UK Online Academy Learning Management System (LMS), from e-mails between us and at any UKOA's affiliated internet resources not mentioned directly hereby.
UKOA undertakes to take all reasonable steps to provide educational and other services in the manner set out in this agreement. It does not, however, guarantee the provision of such services. Should circumstances beyond the control of the UKOA's interfere with its ability to provide educational services, including, but not limited to, government actions, war, riots, civil commotion, fire flood, epidemic, labour disputes (including labour disputes involving the work force of any third party) and acts of God, the UKOA undertakes to use all reasonable steps to minimize the resultant disruption to those services. However, the UKOA shall not be liable the other for any failure or delay in performing its obligations, if such failure or delay is due to any cause beyond the UKOA’s reasonable control.
Should you become a student or client with UKOA, this agreement shall constitute a term of contract between you and the UKOA. Any offer of a place made to you by the UKOA is made on the basis that, in accepting such an offer, you hereby agree to the incorporation of this notice as a term of any such contract.
The information (including fees) provided at UKOA's Internet resources is accurate at the time of going to press, but amendments may be made from time to time without any notice, both in relation to individual courses and the facilities or services available from, or provided by, the UKOA. All pictures, graphs, diagrams, photos are provided for your reference only.
Once a student's payment or application has been received, and the enrolment/or service provisions confirmed, a binding contract exists between the student/client and UK Online Academy.
Academic honesty is the student’s responsibility.
UK Online Academy reserves the right to take appropriate disciplinary action against any academic dishonesty of a student including cheating, plagiarism and deception.
UK Online Academy is not liable for any damage sustained by students and clients, or their property, while enrolled at the UK Online Academy.
No Academic Credit
Unless otherwise explicitly indicated by a credit-granting institution - UKOA's education partner, participation in or completion of a course does not confer any academic credit. Even if credit is awarded by one institution, there is no presumption that other institutions will accept that credit. You agree not to accept credit for completing a course unless you have earned a Certificate of completion (or other equivalent UKOA credential) for that course. UKOA, the programme/course/module/topic tutors, and the associated 3rd parties institutions have no obligation to have a course recognized by any educational institution or accreditation organization.
Complaints about any aspect of UK Online Academy should be addressed directly to the Principal or CEO.
The UK Online Academy complies with the UK Data Protection Act of 1988. This Act protects the privacy of all data subject’s records. This means that every student has the right to know the purpose for which their details are being processed, and that the UK Online Academy will not pass on a student’s personal information without the student’s express permission. Read more about our Privacy an Data Protection policy.
The copyright in all material provided by the UK Online Academy remains as the property of the UK Online Academy and may not be reproduced without the UK Online Academy's specific written consent and permission. You are provided limited, individual, non-exclusive, non-transferable and revocable license to use UKOA materials and services.
You can use content provided only for your personal and non-commercial use, except in cases when you have obtained written UKOA's permission to use it for other purposes.
You agree to create and use only one account and do not transfer to third parties or access credentials to access it.
The use of UKOA's content and services does not give you the material or intellectual property rights to use services or the contents.
Programme language / medium of study
Unless otherwise indicated, all programmes are taught in English. Applicants whose first language is not English are required to be proficient in all components of reading, listening, writing and speaking, in order to follow their programme. The UKOA does not accept any liability for any inconvenience or failure to attend following a student's lack of English language knowledge or skills.
The contents of the programmes and information/advise provided as part of services are believed to be correct and to reflect the current state of knowledge, but may change on a regular basis.
The UKOA does not accept any liability for any inconvenience or failure of the student/client which is linked with programmes/courses content or information/advises provided.
Programmes must be completed within the specified maximum period of study. Please check details of each particular programme for more information.
3rd parties Registration fees
Students on programmes which are required to register with 3rd Party should pay 3rd Party's registration fees directly to 3rd Parties. Students sitting 3rd Parties exams are required to pay a fee for each exam and directly to those 3rd Parties.
Acceptable use of UKOA Internet resources
Although we do not routinely screen or monitor content provided by users, we may remove or edit inappropriate content or activity reported to us or suspend, disable, or terminate a user's access to all or part of the Services.
You are prohibited from using our Services to share content that:
- Contains illegal content or promotes illegal activities with the intent to commit such activities. Please keep in mind that learners who are as young as 15 use UKOA resources, and we do not allow content that is inappropriate for these younger learners.
- Contains credible threats or organizes acts of real-world violence. We don’t allow content that creates a genuine risk of physical injury or property damage, credibly threatens people or public safety, or organizes or encourages harm.
- Harrasses others. We encourage commentary about people and matters of public interest, but abusive or otherwise inappropriate content directed at private individuals is not allowed.
- Violates intellectual property, privacy, or other rights. Do not share content that you do not have the right to share, claim content that you did not create as your own, or otherwise infringe or misappropriate someone else’s intellectual property or other rights. Always attribute materials used or quoted by you to the original copyright owner.
- Spams others. Do not share irrelevant or inappropriate advertising, promotional, or solicitation content.
- Otherwise violates the UKOA Terms and Conditions. Please note that specific programmes/courses/modules/topics or/and services may have additional rules and requirements.
You also aren't allowed to:
- Do anything that violates local, state, national or international law or breaches any of your contractual obligations or fiduciary duties.
- Share your password, let anyone access your account, or do anything that might put your account at risk.
- Attempt to access any other user's account.
- Reproduce, transfer, sell, resell, or otherwise misuse any content from our Services, unless specifically authorized to do so.
- Access, tamper with, or use non-public areas of our systems, unless specifically authorized to do so.
- Break or circumvent our authentication or security measures or otherwise test the vulnerability of our systems or networks, unless specifically authorized to do so.
- Try to reverse engineer any portion of our services.
- Try to interfere with any user, host, or network, for example by sending a virus, overloading, spamming, or mail-bombing.
- Use our services to distribute malware.
- Impersonate or misrepresent your affiliation with any person or entity.
- Encourage or help anyone do any of the things on this list.
Learning Management System (LMS) passwords
Students must not make their online passwords for the UK Online Academy's LMS available to any third parties.
UKOA care about the security of our users. While we work to protect the security of your account and related information, we cannot guarantee that unauthorized third parties will not be able to defeat our security measures. Please notify us immediately of any compromise or unauthorized use of your account by contacting our Student Support team.
Certificates / results
Upon successful and in time programme/course/module/topic completion UKOA shall issue Certificate of completion of particular type mentioned in programme/course/module/topic details. Initially the evidence of completion will be in e-format (pdf format file). Shall student wish to have paper evidence of completion he/she can order paper certificate to be posted at extra fee.
The UK Online Academy reserves the right to withhold results / certificates and completion letters where fees or other amounts are due to the UK Online Academy.
Non-acceptance of applicants
The UK Online Academy reserves the right not to accept applications from individuals or sponsors where fees or other costs from previous courses remain outstanding.
The UK Online Academy reserves the right to refuse an application, and is not obliged to provide reasons for its decisions in relation to applications.
- - Where students have made payment of the tuition fee and if enrolment documentation is issued but no access to learning materials has been provided, the UKOA will refund the money less an administration charge of £25 plus refund transaction cost (for contractual purpose we will calculate the amount of your payment in British pound we have received and therefore if refund will be given it will be in British pound only. However, UKOA reserves the right to decline a tuition fees refund if enrolement was based on the submission of faked/forged documents. In order to refund the money the UKOA requires all the original admission registration letters in case they were issued by the UKOA or its partners to be returned. Without documentary originals, no refund, or part refund, will be considered. If student was enroled at joint course of UKOA and its partner Refund applications must be submitted to the UKOA directly and within 14 days of the entry clearance refusal and before the course commencement date.
- - No refunds will be made once the CAS (Confirmation of Acceptance of Studies) has been issued and visa received and/or access to UKOA's LMS was arranged and student had log-in at least ones. No refunds are given for any module or modules that have already been accessed for online study.
- - No refunds will be made if you booked any services but we weren't able to contact you within 3 month from day of payment.
- - Your request for a refund must also be made in writing to the UKOA. Refunds will be paid within six weeks of receipt of the above-mentioned request.
- - When a refund is made, monies will be transferred only to the bank account from where it has been deposited. The refund request must be made by the student and the person/sponsor who has provided the funds for the course fee.
- - In cases where students do not require a visa and for online courses, if a student decides not to take up a course no less than 2 weeks before the start of a course, he/she may be eligible for a refund of one third of the deposit paid, at the UKOA’s discretion.
- - However, if a student decides to leave after the course has commenced, no refund will be given.
- - The UKOA reserves the right to change or amend any of its refund and other policies and procedures at its discretion and without notice.
- - All refunds are subject to approval of the Principal or Chief Executive Officer or Chief Financial Officer.
- - The UKOA cannot be held responsible for any bank charges and foreign currency exchange rate change imposed during the refund procedure. These shall be covered by the recipient.
Modifying and Terminating our services
We are constantly changing and improving our services. We may add or remove functions, features, or requirements, and we may suspend or stop a Service altogether. Accordingly, UKOA may terminate your use of any Service for any reason. If your use of a paid service is terminated, a refund may be available under our Refund Policy mentioned above. None of UKOA, its participating institutions and tutors, its contributors, sponsors, and other business partners, and their employees, contractors, and other agents (the "UKOA Parties") shall have any liability to you for any such action. You can stop using our services at any time, although we'll be sorry to see you go.
THE SERVICES AND ALL INCLUDED CONTENT ARE PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" BASIS WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. THE UKOA's PARTIES SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIM ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT, AND ANY WARRANTIES ARISING OUT OF COURSE OF DEALING OR USAGE OF TRADE. THE UKOA's PARTIES FURTHER DISCLAIM ANY AND ALL LIABILITY RELATED TO YOUR ACCESS OR USE OF THE SERVICES OR ANY RELATED CONTENT. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT ANY ACCESS TO OR USE OF THE SERVICES OR SUCH CONTENT IS AT YOUR OWN RISK.
Limitation of Liability
TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, THE UKOA's PARTIES SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, OR ANY LOSS OF PROFITS OR REVENUES, WHETHER INCURRED DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, OR ANY LOSS OF DATA, USE, GOODWILL, OR OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSSES, RESULTING FROM: (A) YOUR ACCESS TO OR USE OF OR INABILITY TO ACCESS OR USE THE SERVICES; (B) ANY CONDUCT OR CONTENT OF ANY PARTY OTHER THAN THE APPLICABLE UKOA PARTY, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY DEFAMATORY, OFFENSIVE, OR ILLEGAL CONDUCT; OR (C) UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS, USE, OR ALTERATION OF YOUR CONTENT OR INFORMATION. IN NO EVENT SHALL UKOA'S AGGREGATE LIABILITY FOR ALL CLAIMS RELATED TO THE SERVICES EXCEED TEN BRITISH POUNDS (£10) OR THE TOTAL AMOUNT OF FEES RECEIVED BY UKOA FROM YOU FOR THE USE OF PAID SERVICES DURING THE PAST SIX MONTHS, WHICHEVER IS GREATER.
YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT THE DISCLAIMERS AND THE LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY SET FORTH IN THIS TERMS AND CONDITIONS REFLECT A REASONABLE AND FAIR ALLOCATION OF RISK BETWEEN YOU AND THE UKOA PARTIES, AND THAT THESE LIMITATIONS ARE AN ESSENTIAL BASIS TO UKOA'S ABILITY TO MAKE THE SERVICES AVAILABLE TO YOU ON AN ECONOMICALLY FEASIBLE BASIS.
YOU AGREE THAT ANY CAUSE OF ACTION RELATED TO THE SERVICES MUST COMMENCE WITHIN ONE (1) YEAR AFTER THE CAUSE OF ACTION ACCRUES. OTHERWISE, SUCH CAUSE OF ACTION IS PERMANENTLY BARRED.
You agree to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless the UKOA Parties from any and all claims, liabilities, expenses, and damages, including reasonable attorneys' fees and costs, made by any third party related to: (a) your use or attempted use of the Services in violation of these Terms; (b) your violation of any law or rights of any third party; or (c) User Content, including without limitation any claim of infringement or misappropriation of intellectual property or other proprietary rights.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
The Services are managed by UKOA, which is located in United Kingdom. You agree that any dispute related to these Terms and Conditions will be exclusively governed by British laws. You further consent to the personal jurisdiction of and exclusive venue in the courts located in London, United Kingdom as the legal forum for any such dispute.
Excluding claims for injunctive or other equitable relief, for claims related to the Services where the total amount sought is less than five thousand British pounds (£5,000.00), either you or UKOA may elect at any point during the dispute to resolve the claim through binding, non-appearance-based arbitration. The dispute will then be resolved using an established alternative dispute resolution ("ADR") provider, mutually agreed upon by you and UKOA. The parties and the selected ADR provider shall not involve any personal appearance by the parties or witnesses, unless otherwise mutually agreed by the parties; rather, the arbitration shall be conducted, at the option of the party seeking relief, online, by telephone, or via written submissions alone. Any judgment rendered by the arbitrator may be entered in any court of competent jurisdiction.
Revisions to the Terms and Conditions
We reserve the right to revise the Terms and conditions and our Policies at our sole discretion at any time. Any revisions to the Terms and Conditions and UKOA's Policies will be effective immediately upon posting by us. For any material changes to the Terms and Conditions, we will take reasonable steps to notify you of such changes. In all cases, your continued use of the Services after publication of such changes, with or without notification, constitutes binding acceptance of the revised Terms and Conditions and Policies.
Severability and Waiver
If it turns out that a particular provision of these Terms and Conditions is not enforceable, this will not affect any other terms. If you do not comply with these Terms and Conditions, and we do not take immediate action, this does not indicate that we relinquish any rights that we may have (such as taking action in the future).
UKOA's Parties are third party beneficiaries of the Terms and Conditions and may enforce those provisions of the Terms and Conditions that relate to them.
We welcome your suggestions, ideas, comments, and other feedback regarding the Services ("Feedback"). By submitting any Feedback, you grant us the right to use the Feedback without any restriction or any compensation to you. By accepting your Feedback, UKOA does not waive any rights to use similar or related Feedback previously known to UKOA, developed by its employees or contractors, or obtained from other sources.
We are happy to receive your feedback sent to our Student Support Team at any point of time.
In case the content of this agreement, policies, learning materials and any other content provided by UKOA vary from its English version, English version shall prevail. The UKOA does not accept any liability for any inconvenience or failure happen due to translation difference.
Questions, comments and requests regarding this policy are welcomed and should be addressed to our Student Support team. Please click button below to send a question.
Alternatively, you can contact us by sending a letter to New Atlas Wharf, 3 Arnhem Place, London, E143ST United Kingdom, United Kingdom or call/Viber us at: +447776790810 or Skype us at: UKOA.
Last updated September 1, 2020