Social responsibility policy
Since our founding in 2015, UK Online Academy ("UKOA" or "we") has embodied the true spirit of corporate social responsibility, and we are committed to the highest standards of corporate citizenship.
Our culture and values are rooted in service, integrity, and taking personal responsibility for our actions, outcomes, and reputation. As a UK based education provider, we are giving people opportunities to change their lives through better education and make a difference in the communities in which we live and work.
Given the worldwide span of our students and partners, we recognize the global reach of our education and business practices and our public accountability.
UK Online Academy’s corporate social responsibility commitments are built around four critical areas:
• Employees & People – We take seriously our responsibilities to educate, support, and prepare workers for successful careers. Our efforts are focused on providing the best education programmes and supporting services, and leading by example in areas such as workplace safety, health and wellness, diversity and inclusion, and training and development. We believe in opportunity for all and are steadfast in our commitment to equal employment opportunity, the protection of human rights, and the prevention of human trafficking.
• Ethics – We are committed to doing the right thing, conducting ourselves in a legal, ethical, and trustworthy manner, upholding our regulatory obligations, and complying with both the letter and spirit of our business policies.
• Engagement – UKOA understands that it takes all of us working together to truly have an impact. As such, we partner with organizations in the communities where we live and work to improve lives and society as a whole – by engaging in activities such as community service, philanthropy, and support for small, minority, women, and disadvantaged businesses. We also seek to engage with workforce suppliers who operate using socially responsible business practices and adhere to the professional code of conduct outlined by the World Employment Confederation.
• Environment – UK Online Academy recognizes a shared responsibility to protect our planet. Although our facilities and operations have a small ecological footprint, we reduce the environmental impact of our business through preservation, conservation, and waste reduction practices. Underlying our corporate social responsibility program is a set of core policies that outline our approach and guide our activities.
• Code of Business Conduct and Ethics – UKOA’s Code of Conduct provides mechanisms to prevent dishonest or unethical conduct, and fosters a culture of honesty and accountability. This policy outlines the responsibilities of our employees, including ensuring that our suppliers are aware of their obligation to conduct themselves in a legal and ethical way.
• Globally, we treat all employees with dignity and respect and follow all applicable laws and legislation related to labor and human rights. Below are examples of initiatives we have in place:
- Equal Employment Opportunity – It is the policy of UKOA to protect the employment rights of qualified applicants and employees regardless of an individual’s race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, and/or other protected categories under applicable laws.
- Anti-Harassment Policy – UKOA is committed to maintaining a work environment that is free from harassment. As such, we will not tolerate harassment of, or by, its employees.
- Active cooperation with organisations and companies actively and globally working in education.
- As part of our Social responsibility we are providing some courses/modules/topics and services free of charge.
We are individually and collectively accountable for upholding our corporate social responsibility commitments. We encourage participation across our organization, and we will work with external stakeholders to continually support students globally, improve our workplaces, contribute to the communities we serve, and ensure our actions are socially, ethically, and environmentally responsible.