Last updated November 10, 2016
Referral Rewards Agreement
1. Acceptance of Agreement. This Referral Rewards Program Agreement (the " Referral Agreement") sets forth the terms and conditions for your participation in our Referral Rewards Program (the “ Program”). By participating in the Program, YOU AGREE TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THIS REFERRAL AGREEMENT.
2. Relationship to User Agreement. This Referral Agreement forms a part of, and is hereby incorporated into, our Terms and Conditions a legal contract between UK Online Academy Ltd (“we”, “us”, "Company" or “UKOA”) and you.
3. Eligibility. You are eligible to participate in the Program and earn Referral Rewards (as defined below) if you have accepted our Terms and Conditions and currently maintain an account to use our websites and related services (the “Service”).
4. Earning Referral Rewards. Whenever a Qualifying Referral registers for an account to use the Service during a single browser session and within twenty (24) hours after following a Referral Link, we will give you a voucher (a “Referral Reward”) if the Qualifying Referral’s account is later bought course or service at UK Online Academy, all subject to the conditions in this Referral Agreement. The amount of each Referral Reward is calculated in accordance with Section 6 below. A “Qualifying Referral” means an individual or company that does not currently have, and has never had, an account to use the Service. A “Referral Link” means a hyperlink, in the form provided by UK Online Academy, that contains your unique Referral ID created for you by UKOA. Referral Links may be in the form of text links, badges or buttons that UKOA provides for you to embed on your own Web site(s) or in emails that you send.
We will determine, in our sole reasonable discretion, whether a Qualifying Referral has followed your Referral Link to create its account in accordance with this Section. We track referral information in the Profile page for each registered user. Our reasonable determination is final.
5. Restrictions and Limitations. Notwithstanding any provision of this Referral Agreement, we will not be obligated to provide Referral Rewards if (a) we determine, in our sole reasonable discretion, that referrals are not bona fide transactions, including without limitation for self-referrals; (b) the Qualifying Referral does not maintain its paid account (at the same or higher price tier) for longer than one (1) month; (c) you engage in any fraudulent or deceitful behavior in connection with the Service, including without limitation directly or indirectly offering any person a financial incentive to follow a Referral Link or attempting to redirect traffic from, or divert Referral Rewards from, any other participant in the Service.
6. Calculation of Referral Rewards. Each one-time Referral Reward is calculated based on the purchase which the Qualifying Referral initially made. Rewards relating to non-profit subscriptions are zero. You are responsible for any transaction fees imposed by Paypal or anyone else on Referral Rewards you receive from us, and the rates for Referral Rewards described on our Web site do not include any such transaction fees.
7. Payment of Referral Rewards. In order to receive Referral Reward, you must maintain a valid UKOA student account. We will send you all Referral Rewards to the email address and student account you provide, and you are solely responsible to ensure the accuracy of the UKOA's account information. We will pay Referral Rewards to you within ninety (90) days from the date earned pursuant to this Agreement. Registered Users earning more than £500 in a calendar year are required to complete a tax form at the Company’s request.
8. Non-Exclusive. This Referral Agreement is entirely non-exclusive in nature. You understand that we may at any time solicit customer referrals on terms that may differ from those contained in this Referral Agreement with you.
9. Disclaimer. THE PROGRAM IS PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” BASIS, AND WE RESERVE THE RIGHT WITHOUT PRIOR NOTICE TO DISCONTINUE OR CHANGE THE PROGRAM AT ANY TIME. WE MAKE NO WARRANTY THAT REFERRAL LINKS WILL OPERATE PROPERLY. WE EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES WITH RESPECT TO THE PROGRAM, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
10. Termination. Either party may terminate this Referral Agreement at any time by giving the other party written notice of termination (including via email to you at the email address you used to register for the Service). This Referral Agreement may be terminated separately from the User Agreement; termination of the User Agreement, however, will result in the automatic termination of this Agreement. Upon termination, you will immediately cease all use of Referral Links. Referral Rewards earned but unpaid as of termination will remain payable, unless we terminate this Agreement for your breach of Section 5. Sections 1, 2, 5, 7 (only with respect to amounts accrued but unpaid as of termination), 8, 9 and 10 will survive termination of this Referral Agreement.